Articles on this Page
- 06/23/11--17:08: _Archos tablets make...
- 11/21/11--10:05: _When it rains … WD ...
- 11/29/11--00:01: _For super-fast lapt...
- 01/10/12--07:30: _Seagate gives you n...
- 03/20/12--13:43: _Holy hard drives! S...
- 05/23/12--07:30: _Seagate agrees to a...
- 05/25/12--13:14: _GamesBeat Weekly Ro...
- 06/25/12--08:00: _Seagate invests in ...
- 07/16/12--08:00: _Weaker Q2 tech earn...
- 01/06/13--16:00: _Seagate’s Wireless ...
- 01/28/13--16:04: _Seagate dumps $40M ...
- 01/28/13--17:39: _Funding Daily: Danc...
- 03/12/13--09:30: _Seagate shipped a b...
- 05/07/13--05:00: _Seagate moves deepe...
- 05/26/13--11:28: _Will flash or disk ...
- 08/05/13--14:07: _Seagate invests in ...
- 08/05/13--17:07: _Funding Daily: Hot ...
- 10/22/13--05:00: _Seagate disrupts cl...
- 01/05/14--16:00: _Thin, fast, and big...
- 08/05/15--00:01: _Seagate launches a ...
- 06/23/11--17:08: Archos tablets makes nice paperweights, but Seagate is still cool
- 01/10/12--07:30: Seagate gives you new entertainment choices with 4G LTE storage
- 03/20/12--13:43: Holy hard drives! Seagate breaks terabit barrier, 60TB drive coming
- 05/23/12--07:30: Seagate agrees to acquire LaCie for at least $186M
- 05/25/12--13:14: GamesBeat Weekly Roundup
- 07/16/12--08:00: Weaker Q2 tech earnings could make investors jittery
- 01/28/13--16:04: Seagate dumps $40M into Flash-storage startup Virident
- 01/28/13--17:39: Funding Daily: Dancing on my own
- 05/26/13--11:28: Will flash or disk drives own the future of data storage?
- 08/05/13--14:07: Seagate invests in custom chip design firm eASIC
- 08/05/13--17:07: Funding Daily: Hot off the press
- 08/05/15--00:01: Seagate launches a 2-terabyte game drive for Xbox consoles
Hard drive and storage company, Seagate, announced today that it is putting its super slim notebook hard drives to new use. The drives, aimed at ultra-portable devices can now be found in Archos‘ G9 8-inch and 10-inch tablets, Android powered devices. The problem is, it’s a spinner hard drive circa iPod generation one. With the […]
When it rains, it pours for hard disk maker WD. Already hit by floods in Thailand that have hobbled production of hard drives, WD has now been hit with an arbitration court decision ordering it to pay $525 million to Seagate. WD will no doubt appeal the decision, made by an arbitrator in a case […]
Seagate is now shipping a second-generation drive that combines chip-based flash memory with a mechanical hard disk. The combination results in a high-speed, high-capacity drive for laptops and the fastest personal computers. The hybrid technology is innovative because it combines the speed of flash chips with the low-cost and high storage capacity of hard disks. […]
Seagate is announcing today that it is teaming up with Verizon Wireless to create the first 4G LTE mobile wireless storage devices for use with smartphones and tablets. The devices use 4G LTE mobile networking to connect to the internet from any location and essentially allow you to add huge amounts of storage to your […]
Hard drive manufacturer Seagate has become the first company of its kind to reach the storage density of 1 terabit (1 trillion bits) per square inch, an incredible milestone that will lead to even larger hard drives like a 60TB drive. The company was able to achieve the new density with a technology called heat-assisted […]
Seagate said it plans to acquire a controlling stake in Paris-based storage making LaCie for at least $186 million. Seagate, already one of the world’s largest hard drive makers, will buy the French maker of high-end storage equipment for consumers. Seagate will buy a 64.5 percent stake from LaCie’s founder, Philippe Spruch, for 4.05 euros […]
If you follow VentureBeat but don’t regularly check our GamesBeat site, here’s a list of the best games stories we ran over the last seven days that you may have missed.
Seagate is one of the world’s biggest hard disk drive makers, but these days, storage is growing well beyond spinning disks. That’s why Seagate is announcing an investment and strategic agreement with Israel’s DensBits Technologies. Under the deal, Strategic will help DensBits provide customers with low-cost, high-performance Solid State Drives, or chips based on flash […]
Earnings season starts this week for tech companies, and no one is expecting outstanding second-quarter results. If the reports turn out to be weaker than expected, then tech investors might run for the hills, the San Jose Mercury News reported. The world economy has been shaky, mainly due to a slowdown in Europe. Demand for […]
Seagate has a couple of cool products that let you take your media with you when you're off the grid.
Seagate will immediately start selling a complete line of Flash-based technologies to its other partners (including OEMs), and Virident will be using Seagate's ample marketing and distribution channels.
Wiggle your way through today's dance routine of funding daily.
For Seagate, data demand plus hard drives means big bucks.
Will the solid-state drive, based on flash memory chips, replace the hard disk?
GUEST: Will flash or disk drives win out? The answer might surprise you.
Seagate is contemplating using custom chips from eASIC in flash memory drives.
A roundup of today's funding news, overshadowed by billionaire Jeff Bezos' purchase of the Washington Post.
Seagate's Kinetic Open Storage cuts out the storage server tier so that storage itself becomes the platform.
You can now store something like 68,000 hours of music on a backup drive that fits in a small backpack.
Seagate is announcing today it is launching a 2-terabyte hard disk drive for the Microsoft Xbox One and Xbox 360 video game consoles. Making the announcement at the Gamescom fan show in Cologne, Germany, Seagate said it has created the new storage device specifically in mind for Xbox gamers. The machine could easily store data for […]