Articles on this Page
- 03/20/12--13:43: _Holy hard drives! S...
- 06/25/12--08:00: _Seagate invests in ...
- 07/16/12--08:00: _Weaker Q2 tech earn...
- 01/06/13--16:00: _Seagate’s Wireless ...
- 01/28/13--16:04: _Seagate dumps $40M ...
- 03/12/13--09:30: _Seagate shipped a b...
- 05/26/13--11:28: _Will flash or disk ...
- 08/05/13--14:07: _Seagate invests in ...
- 08/05/13--17:07: _Funding Daily: Hot ...
- 10/22/13--05:00: _Seagate disrupts cl...
- 08/05/15--00:01: _Seagate launches a ...
- 09/01/15--05:00: _Seagate launches 8T...
- 10/28/15--20:00: _A spy drive? Seagat...
- 01/13/16--05:01: _Seagate ships its 1...
- 07/12/16--00:25: _Seagate increases j...
- 10/31/16--05:00: _Seagate launches a ...
- 11/05/16--10:00: _Cows and data cente...
- 06/01/17--05:00: _Seagate targets 4-t...
- 06/11/17--16:00: _Seagate Game Drive ...
- 10/25/17--13:00: _Seagate launches 4T...
- 01/09/18--13:00: _Seagate adds storag...
- 05/25/12--13:14: _GamesBeat Weekly Ro...
- 11/08/18--04:00: _IBM will use blockc...
- 11/28/18--12:26: _Seagate Game Drive ...
- 01/05/14--16:00: _Thin, fast, and big...
- 01/10/12--07:30: _Seagate gives you n...
- 05/23/12--07:30: _Seagate agrees to a...
- 01/28/13--17:39: _Funding Daily: Danc...
- 05/07/13--05:00: _Seagate moves deepe...
- 01/07/19--01:00: _Seagate dresses up ...
- 03/20/12--13:43: Holy hard drives! Seagate breaks terabit barrier, 60TB drive coming
- 07/16/12--08:00: Weaker Q2 tech earnings could make investors jittery
- 01/28/13--16:04: Seagate dumps $40M into Flash-storage startup Virident
- 05/26/13--11:28: Will flash or disk drives own the future of data storage?
- 08/05/13--14:07: Seagate invests in custom chip design firm eASIC
- 08/05/13--17:07: Funding Daily: Hot off the press
- 08/05/15--00:01: Seagate launches a 2-terabyte game drive for Xbox consoles
- 09/01/15--05:00: Seagate launches 8TB enterprise hard drives
- 10/28/15--20:00: A spy drive? Seagate launches 8-terabyte drive for surveillance apps
- 10/31/16--05:00: Seagate launches a 512GB SSD drive for Xbox One
- 06/01/17--05:00: Seagate targets 4-terabyte storage drive at Xbox Game Pass members
- 10/25/17--13:00: Seagate launches 4TB hard drive for the PlayStation 4
- 01/09/18--13:00: Seagate adds storage for drones and other mobile devices
- 05/25/12--13:14: GamesBeat Weekly Roundup
- 11/28/18--12:26: Seagate Game Drive for Xbox SSD — How to cut loading times in half
- 01/10/12--07:30: Seagate gives you new entertainment choices with 4G LTE storage
- 05/23/12--07:30: Seagate agrees to acquire LaCie for at least $186M
- 01/28/13--17:39: Funding Daily: Dancing on my own
Hard drive manufacturer Seagate has become the first company of its kind to reach the storage density of 1 terabit (1 trillion bits) per square inch, an incredible milestone that will lead to even larger hard drives like a 60TB drive. The company was able to achieve the new density with a technology called heat-assisted […]
Seagate is one of the world’s biggest hard disk drive makers, but these days, storage is growing well beyond spinning disks. That’s why Seagate is announcing an investment and strategic agreement with Israel’s DensBits Technologies. Under the deal, Strategic will help DensBits provide customers with low-cost, high-performance Solid State Drives, or chips based on flash […]
Earnings season starts this week for tech companies, and no one is expecting outstanding second-quarter results. If the reports turn out to be weaker than expected, then tech investors might run for the hills, the San Jose Mercury News reported. The world economy has been shaky, mainly due to a slowdown in Europe. Demand for […]
Seagate has a couple of cool products that let you take your media with you when you're off the grid.
Seagate will immediately start selling a complete line of Flash-based technologies to its other partners (including OEMs), and Virident will be using Seagate's ample marketing and distribution channels.
For Seagate, data demand plus hard drives means big bucks.
GUEST: Will flash or disk drives win out? The answer might surprise you.
Seagate is contemplating using custom chips from eASIC in flash memory drives.
A roundup of today's funding news, overshadowed by billionaire Jeff Bezos' purchase of the Washington Post.
Seagate's Kinetic Open Storage cuts out the storage server tier so that storage itself becomes the platform.
Seagate is announcing today it is launching a 2-terabyte hard disk drive for the Microsoft Xbox One and Xbox 360 video game consoles. Making the announcement at the Gamescom fan show in Cologne, Germany, Seagate said it has created the new storage device specifically in mind for Xbox gamers. The machine could easily store data for […]
Seagate is unveiling a whole family of 8-terabyte hard disk drives for enterprise applications. The new drives will address markets such as enterprise computers, network-attached storage, and “kinetic hard disk drives.” The aim is to lower the total cost of ownership for storage in a variety of markets. The Cupertino, Calif.-based storage giant is targeting […]
Seagate is launching an eight-terabyte hard disk drive for security applications. Equally interesting is where the company is doing this. The storage giant unveiled its Seagate Surveillance HDD at the China Public Security Expo 2015 in Shenzhen, China. China has a huge appetite for storage since it conducts so much surveillance on behalf of its […]
Seagate announced it is shipping a 10-terabyte helium-filled hard disk drive for enterprise customers. The new 3.5-inch hard disk — Seagate’s first such drive — is targeted at the growing storage requirements for private and public cloud-based data centers. Western Digital, archrival of the Cupertino, Calif.-based Seagate, started shipping its own 10-terabyte hard drive in December. Seagate’s […]
Seagate announced today that it is increasing planned layoffs from 1,600 to 6,500 positions, as the hard drive maker tries to navigate a global decline in PC sales. Just two weeks ago, the company revealed the original job cut plans. But in a fourth quarter earnings preview, executives decided to up that figure. The new […]
Seagate is launching a new 512-gigabyte SDD drive for the Xbox One game console. The company’s emphasis will be on fast booting and loading. Big hard drives and extra storage are a must for most hardcore players, as the average game takes up about 35 gigabytes of data. At that size, it doesn’t take long […]
Chandrakant Patel has a deep history working on hardware and fundamental science at Hewlett-Packard, and he has used that background to create a vision for the future of technology that combines the physical and digital worlds. He hopes to inspire his fellow HP colleagues and the rest of the tech world on a new decades-long path. […]
Microsoft has launched a subscription service, Xbox Game Pass, with more than 100 games for $10 a month. And to help you store all of those games, Seagate is launching two new hard disk drives as extra storage for the Xbox One or the Xbox 360 game consoles. The Seagate Game Drive for Xbox Game […]
Now that’s a lot of storage. Seagate is announcing today that the Seagate Game Drive Hub for Xbox has eight terabytes of storage for your games on the Xbox One game console. The $200 hub has eight terabytes as well as a multi-purpose USB hub for players who have massive game libraries. The peripheral was […]
Seagate has doubled the capacity of its latest hard drive and is announcing a 4 terabyte drive for the Sony PlayStation 4. The Seagate Game Drive can store more than 100 games. Available today, it sells at retail for $130. The external storage device has about eight times the 500GB drive that comes with a […]
Seagate Technology announced a range of new mobile storage products — including storage for drones — based on its Seagate and LaCie brands at CES 2018, the big tech trade show in Las Vegas this week. The products are aimed at the world’s increasingly mobile population with solutions that solve key challenges they face when […]
If you follow VentureBeat but don’t regularly check our GamesBeat site, here’s a list of the best games stories we ran over the last seven days that you may have missed.
Seagate Technology and IBM have teamed up to use blockchain technology to reduce the counterfeiting of hard disk drives.
Seagate's external SSD is super fast, which makes a huge difference for loading game data. The problem is the price. So, is it worth it?
You can now store something like 68,000 hours of music on a backup drive that fits in a small backpack.
Seagate is announcing today that it is teaming up with Verizon Wireless to create the first 4G LTE mobile wireless storage devices for use with smartphones and tablets. The devices use 4G LTE mobile networking to connect to the internet from any location and essentially allow you to add huge amounts of storage to your […]
Seagate said it plans to acquire a controlling stake in Paris-based storage making LaCie for at least $186 million. Seagate, already one of the world’s largest hard drive makers, will buy the French maker of high-end storage equipment for consumers. Seagate will buy a 64.5 percent stake from LaCie’s founder, Philippe Spruch, for 4.05 euros […]
Wiggle your way through today's dance routine of funding daily.
Will the solid-state drive, based on flash memory chips, replace the hard disk?
Seagate Technology announced a range of new mobile storage products based on its Seagate and LaCie brands at CES 2019, the big tech trade show in Las Vegas.